What a time to be a Marauder

sports
Est. Reading Time: 1 minute

WOMEN’S RUGBY

McMaster Women’s Rugby played some of their best rugby this year. With four wins and one loss in the regular season, the team was prepared for defend their OUA title. After defeating the Guelph Gryphons 12-3, the team became back-to-back OUA Champions. Gaining their second consecutive OUA title this year, the team went on to take it all as they defeated the host Queen’s Gaels 27-3. The program claimed their first CIS title in history. After a strong season, captain Cindy Nelles was named Most Valuable Player and Rina Charalampis was awarded the Community Service Award. Nelles, Colleen Irowa, Emily Ricketts, Katie Svoboda and Abi Moody were named All-Stars for their work on the field.

Photo Credit: Ian McAlpine

sports_going_for2

MEN’S VOLLEYBALL

For the fourth consecutive year, the McMaster Men’s Volleyball team were named OUA Champions. Well known for the strong volleyball program that has been built under the leadership of Head Coach Dave Preston, the Marauders hosted the championship game and dominated for the banner. In a straight three-set victory over the Ryerson Rams, the Marauders further cemented the greatness they have created. The team has been playing behind veteran leadership from Stephen Maar who was named OUA MVP. Danny Demyanenko and Andrew Kocur joined Maar as OUA First-Team All-Stars. Libero Pawel Jedrzejewski was named a member of the Second-Team.

Photo Credit: Jon White/ Photo Editor