Ward 1 Candidate: Sharon Cole

Ryan Tse
Est. Reading Time: 1 minute
Photo C/O Sharon Cole

Sharon Cole is the board director of the Elizabeth Fry Society in Hamilton, a group that supports women in the community. She also serves as the president of the Bentley Place Condominium Corporation and has many years of experience in the business field. In the past, she has been involved with St. John Ambulance.

Cole’s main priorities are housing solutions, improved public transportation and economic growth.

With respect to affordable housing, Cole wants to work with the MSU to implement a rental housing licensing bylaw. She believes this will keep landlords accountable.

To improve transit, Cole hopes to address a lack of funding for the HSR. She believes there may be “funding alternatives” and wants to work with the city on this issue. She supports a “complete commitment” to Hamilton’s 10-year transit plan, which was approved by the city council in 2015. Cole is also a proponent of LRT.

Cole stated that her experience balancing motherhood, education and career aspirations have helped her become who she is today.

“I’ve lived a life of continuous learning, specifically learning from those I come into contact with, and I embrace every opportunity connect with people of all ages, backgrounds and differences,” said Cole.

More information about the candidate's platform can be found at www.sharoncole.ca

[button link="https://www.thesil.ca/meet-your-ward-1-councillor-candidates/" color="silver"] Return to all candidates[/button]