#thetimeisnow

Ward 1 Candidate: Carol Lazich

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinFacebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedin
Photo C/O Carol Lazich

Lazich responded to the request for an interview, but her responses did not address all of the questions asked by The Silhouette. This profile was supplemented with information from The Hamilton Spectator and MacVotes campaign.

Lazich was the president of the Strathcona Community Council. She has also been involved as a board member with Crime Stoppers and in various capacities at the Art Gallery and George Brown College.

In addition to community safety and affordable housing, Lazich wants to prioritize infrastructure, financial accountability and transit. To address affordable housing, Lazich is advocating for stricter regulations for landlords and student rentals. She also believes the university should partner with the city of Hamilton to purchase “excess land inventory” to build housing.

Lazich’s plan for improving transit includes promoting the BLAST network and implementing electric buses for the HSR. She does not support the LRT, instead wanting to focus on increasing the ridership of the HSR.

More information about the candidate’s platforms can be found at https://www.carollazich.ca.

Return to all candidates

Comments

Share This Post On

Author: Ryan Tse

Ryan Tse is a second year Arts and Science student. In his free time, he enjoys cheering for the Toronto Maple Leafs, drinking coffee, reading articles in The Athletic and listening to all kinds of music. He spends most of his time in HSL and BSB.