Tracking the top seven

Laura Sinclair

LIONEL SANDERS

This runner’s greatest accomplishment has been winning the Muskoka Ironman on Sept. 8 of this year, with the second place finisher- Andreas Raelart- being a world record holder for the Ironman and a multiple-time Olympian.

CONNOR DARLINGTON

Darlington has placed 4th at Canadian National Cross country championships- which qualified him for Worlds. He also won the gold in the 5000 m at the Canada Summer Games

TAYLOR REID

The triathlete finished 7th at the OUA Championships last year, and won female viagra jelly gold at Canadian Nationals triathlon for the Under 23 race in 2013, and 2nd pro at Canadian Nationals 2013

TAYLOR FORBES

This triathlete turned competitive runner has finished within the top 25 at OFSAA cross country three times, and came 7th in the 1500 m last year at the OUA Championships

BLAIR MORGAN

The men’s captain has improved immensely ever since he came to McMaster. His best race so far was last week when he came 10th at the McGill meet

GABE GHIGLIONE

Ghiglione has impressed everyone, being cut from the team in his first year, and coming back to make the track team and run to some major personal best times in the last year.

PAUL ROCHUS

This rookie never even dreamed of making the Mac team five years ago, but he has improved immensely in past years to not only make the team, but crack the top seven.

MADDY MCDONALD

McDonald had her best year in running yet, qualifying for the North American and the World cross country championships. She also went to the Junior Pan Am Games for the 3000 m, and finished in 2nd

COURTNEY PATTERSON

Patterson has cracked the top seven for the past four years, and she has finished within the top 20 in the OUA for the last three.

KIERSTIN MYERS

This grad student out of the University of Western has seen some major improvements in her races particularly in the last two years, after years of injury problems

EMILY NOWAK

The rookie has been great this season, and has also made major improvements in the last year, with her best race in highschool being a 5th place finish in the 1500m steeplechase

MEGAN BEVERLEY

Beverley took a two and a half year hiatus from competitive running, but her past has seen her qualify for the World track and field championships for the 1500m in 2009

RAQUEL BURGESS

Burgess started her running career later in highschool, but she has worked her way up in the pack, and has finished within the top 30 at OFSAA cross country as a grade 11 and grade 12

CHELSEA MACKINNON

The women’s captain has had injury problems as of late, but she has finished 8th in OFSAA cross country all four years of high school, and has been in the OFSAA finals for the 1500m and 800m multiple times.