#thetimeisnow

Tell us your study habits and we’ll give you something to do in your study breaks!

FacebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinFacebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedin

Exam season is now upon us and it’s time to form a strategy to tackle December. The most important part of that strategy is finding a way to take care of yourself during this month of studying. Be sure to take some breaks between your study sessions. Take our quiz to get some suggestions on how to spend these precious breaks.

0%

How are you studying?

Where are you studying most of the time?

When’s a good time to start studying for a final?

What’s your study snack?

Who are you studying with?

Here's what to do during your study breaks:
Cook some food

You’re super stressed out and you’re neglecting the necessities of life in pursuit of good grades. Chill out and feed your body and mind by closing the books and hitting the kitchen. Perhaps start with this easy mushroom ragù recipe from Grant Whittaker: https://www.thesil.ca/in-the-kitchen-with-grant-whittaker
Take a walk

We know it’s cold but there’s nothing more energizing than fresh air. It’ll give you a break from your lightless study corner and stressed peers and allow you to clear your head before you hit the books again. Take a walk down your street or through campus or, if you’re feeling adventurous, take on one of the trails in Cootes Paradise.
Grab a meal with a friend

Remember conversation? Probably not. Leave your study cave, call up a friend and share a nice meal together. Not only will you realize that there are more important things in life than acing an exam, but you’ll eat a hearty meal for the first time in a long time.
Nap

We know there are not enough hours in the day to study but sleep is one thing you can’t cut out. Since you’re not getting your eight hours and your head is all over the place anyway, just use your textbooks and binders as pillows and catch 20 minutes of uninterrupted rest. Or if you’re home, clear the books off your bed and just sleep in it.
Tidy up

This may not seem like much of a break but it’s both useful and mindless. Besides, since you don’t want to go outside and all the papers and wrappers scattered around you are disgusting. Blast some music or call a friend while you do it and it’ll be a great time.

Share your Results:

Comments

Share This Post On