Taking care of business before the break

Jessica Carmichael
Photo by Kyle West

As December and the holidays approach, so does exam season. And for McMaster student-athletes, that means hitting the books and taking a step back from the athlete side of things. But as November comes to a close, there are still a few more games Mac fans can check out.

Basketball

Both the men’s and women’s teams will take on the York University Lions this Friday at 6:00 and 8:00 p.m. The women are ranked No. 5 in the country, and will be looking to improve their 7-2 record before the break. Meanwhile, the men will be looking for a much-needed home win after losing on the road back-to-back in Ottawa this past weekend.

Volleyball

The men and women will be heading to London to face the Western University Mustangs this Friday. The men’s team, who has won six consecutive conference titles, will be looking to improve their 6-1 record against the 5-3 Mustangs. The women’s team currently holds a 4-3 record while the Mustangs sit at 5-3.

North American Challenge

Although this will be it for the majority of December as the Marauders buckle down for exams, the men’s volleyball team will take a trip down south to Long Beach, California, to participate in their annual North American Challenge. The men have performed well against their American counterparts, holding a 7-0 record against their usual rivals for the challenge, the Ohio State Buckeyes. This year, they will face off against Long Beach State University, who they beat in back-to-back games last year, and the University of California Santa Barbara. The challenge will begin on December 29 and will continue until New Year’s Eve. Although they will not be close to home for the holidays, the Marauders should have no trouble entering the New Year undefeated once again.

[spacer height="20px"][thesil_related_posts_sc]Related Posts[/thesil_related_posts_sc]