Sponsored: Student Success 2020 Challenge: Take on your goals and compete for $100 to the Campus Store

admin

By: Jeff Low

The Student Success Centre (SSC) is motivating students to start the year on a productive note with the Student Success 2020 Challenge. To celebrate their accomplishments, the first 100 undergrads to complete the challenge will receive a $100 gift card to the Campus Store and a certificate of completion.

Here’s how it works.

To participate, students must visit Gilmour Hall 110 after January 13 to pick up their activity booklet. All activities must be completed by April 30, 2020.

The activity categories — Academic Skills, Career Development and Experience Building — were designed to help students meet their goals by connecting them with valuable services and opportunities. Activities range from meeting with an academic coach to volunteering on campus or in the community.

Students can customize the challenge to meet their personal, professional and academic goals by choosing one of four Success Streams:

1. Want it all? — Select two activities from each category.
  2. Major/Minor — Choose a category for your major and minor. Select four activities in your major category and two activities in your minor.
  3. Double Major — Choose two major categories and select three activities in each.
  4. Specialize — Become a specialist. Select all six activities in one category.

In addition to the $100 gift card, SSC staff want students to know there’s a lot of value in the challenge activities themselves. Here’s what they have to share about the benefits of participating in the Student Success 2020 Challenge:

“Throughout your career journey, you will need to reflect, prepare, connect with people and build experiences. This challenge will get you started with an easy-to-follow list of activities. Good luck!”

- Gisela Oliveira, Associate Director, Career and Employment

“The Academic Skills team has designed these activities to challenge you to expand your academic development. Use this challenge to set and meet your academic goals.”

- Jenna Storey, Academic Skills Program Coordinator

“We have selected opportunities that provide students with the chance to develop skills, gain experience and build a professional network. These actions will help students learn about career and industry options so they can prepare for their career journey.”

- Anna Magnotta, Manager, Experiential Programs

For more information on the challenge and to pick up your activity booklet, visit the Student Success Centre in Gilmour Hall 110.

For more resources and opportunities to support your goals, visit bit.ly/mac-goals to learn about Goals Month.