some thoughts on ANDY

Bahar Orang
Est. Reading Time: 1 minute

Whenever I consider Andy in my mind, I immediately picture all my close friends at McMaster sitting in our little house off Emerson, each flipping through a copy of the magazine. And then I find myself hoping that they all find something within its pages – something interesting, informative, invoking, or inspiring. I suppose that this is my greatest hope for this year’s Andy; I hope that each issue has something to offer every student. I don’t believe that a love of the arts is ever limited to those who have a special interest or a specific hobby. I look at the people around me and I see Jo, a studio arts major who can capture the beauty of a rainy day to the very last raindrop. But then I see Priya, a health science student with an unexpected devotion to R&B music. And Kacper, a chemical biology major who can’t write without indie rock beating through his headphones. Or Karen, a math nerd with a strange admiration for beautiful graphics. Or Derrick, a geography student who’s been dancing for ten years. Whether you study science or art, or if you love music or literature, I certainly hope that Andy comes to mean something to you and you’ll choose to turn the page.