[feather_share show=”twitter, google_plus, facebook, reddit, tumblr” hide=”pinterest, linkedin, mail”]
By: Alice Li
Candy Cane Hearts
- two candy canes (per serving)
- white and dark chocolate
- sprinkles1. Place two candy canes facing each other (to create a heart shape) on parchment paper.2. Melt white chocolate and dark chocolate in separate bowls.
3. Load the melted chocolate into a piping bag, or a ziplock bag and cut an opening in the corner.
4. Squeeze the chocolate out until it fills the bottom half of the candy heart. Refrigerate until it hardens.
5. Layer the other kind of chocolate on top, and fill the chocolate heart fully.
6. Before the top layer hardens, top with sprinkles of your choice
Refrigerate until it hardens.
Santa Hat Brownies
- 12-16 circular brownies
- 12-16 strawberries
- one stick of unsalted butter
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- two teaspoons vanilla extract
- three cups of powdered sugar
- salt1. Use a small round cutter and retrieve 12-16 circles from your favourite batch of brownies.2. Cut 12-16 small strawberries, cleaned and hulled, then slice of the base of the strawberry so the bottom is flat.
3. Make buttercream.
i. Mix one stick of unsalted butter with eight ounces of mascarpone cheese until light and creamy.
ii. Add two teaspoons vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and three cups of powdered sugar.
iii. Mix well until desired consistency.
4. Layer a ring of buttercream on top of each brownie, top with a strawberry with light pressure to secure it in place.
5. Top the tip of strawberry with a bit of buttercream to finish the look of a Santa hat!