Meet the Lifestyle editors

lifestyle

Jason - 4th year Arts & Science

• Crewneck: Club Monaco
  • Pants: Topman
  • Shoes: Adidas Stan Smith
  • Sunglasses: Tom Ford

Michelle - 2nd year Health Sciences

• Dress: Wilfred Free
  • Shoes: Nike Air Huarache
  • Earring: Rare Specimans

[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id="15" gal_title="Meet the Lifestyle editors"]

What are some of your favourite brands?

M: Some of my favourites have got to be Acne Studios, Norse Projects, A.P.C., Rag & Bone, Thom Browne, and Maison Kitsuné.

J: The best time of year is when Club Monaco and J. Crew have their annual sales. For the rest of the year, Zara is my go-to. When I’m out of Canada, the first clothing store I look for is uniqlo. I’m also a fan of the textiles used by Wings + Horns.

How would you describe your sense of style?

M: My colour palette generally revolves around black, grey, white, and other neutral colours. I’m also a big fan of subtle details, clean lines, and androgynous pieces. In general, I enjoy riding the “sporty and rich” wave; I often mix crepe trousers with a simple, cropped, grey tank top and sneakers. Comfy and chill is the goal.

J: It really changes depending on what I’m doing. When I’m out with friends I tend to be more experimental and do as Kanye would do (oversized shirts, leather etc).  If I’m heading to school or going to work, I like to keep it simple. All my clothes pop in one way (colour, pattern or textile), but never more than one so it’s not too busy.

As the heads of Lifestyle, why do you enjoy writing for your section?

M: Lifestyle is a section dedicated to the little things in our lives that we often miss due to busy days and hectic schedules. It’s really refreshing to work with a section that has so much freedom; we can write anything from lighter pieces on emojis to articles about mental wellness and self-care.

J: I love the wide scope of this section. In one article I can say “to catch a dick,” but in another I can write about student health. The annual Sex & the Steel City Valentine’s Day magazine is my favourite. Everyone involved always brings their A-game. The photos are more artistic, the layouts are bold, the articles are all great think pieces.