On Thursday, McMaster University released its 2013 “sunshine list” [link], which publicly discloses the reported salaries of its employees that made at least $100,000 in 2012.
Top earners included:
- Mo Elbastawi, Vice-President of Research and International Affairs, with earnings of $506,246.80
- Dr. John Kelton, Deane and Vice-President of Health Sciences, with earnings of $455,504.40
- Dr. Salim Yusuf, Professor in the Department of Medicine, with earnings of $387,351.10
- Patrick Deane, President and Vice-Chancellor, with earnings of $387,287.20
- Dr. Akbar Panju, Professor in the Department of Medicine, with earnings of $368,819.95
Also on the list was former McMaster Association of Part-time Students executive director Sam Minniti with earnings of $124,429.20. MAPS ended its relationship with Minniti and promised to elect an entirely new board in January following an investigation by McMaster University into the Association’s spending practices. In addition to Minniti’s reported income of $126,152 2011, he was paid $101,117 that year in “retroactive pay.” He was listed because the University processed his income.