Mac secures quarterfinal game against Brock

Laura Sinclair

The regular season viagra pills for sale has come to an end for the Marauders men’s rugby team, and they will now be playing the quarterfinal game against the Brock Badgers – a team that they know well from last year’s quarterfinals, which ended with an 8-3 loss for McMaster.

“I would be lying if I said that 'the past is the past' and that we needed to look forward,” said captain Andrew Ferguson.

“I think that everyone involved in last year's quarter final loss has a bit of a chip on their shoulder coming into Wednesday's game… We know how Brock is going to play and we are excited at the opportunity to play them with our season on the line.”

The Marauders have played Brock already this season, and were able to pull off a win, with a close score of 22-19.

This was the same case last year, where the team was able to pull off a win early on in the season against the Badgers, but unfortunately could not hold them off in the last match of the season in the quarter-finals.

But there have been some major changes and differences in this year’s team, compared to last year’s team, with the most notable change being the loss of some key veterans.

“The biggest adjustment we have had to make from last year is the loss of a few key vets who helped build a demanding environment conducive to team success,” said Ferguson.

The addition of some notable recruits, however, has made the team stand out, and have more of a connection and positive outlook on the season.

“I am extremely happy with the additions of our rookies and the atmosphere in the room. Everyone is upbeat and believes that we have the potential to win the OUA. I think that is what separates us from last year's team, cohesion and respect goes a long way in a physical sport like rugby,” added Ferguson.

The Marauders now find themselves in a position where they could end the season on a better note than last year’s, and win the OUA quarter-finals to advance to the semi-finals- which is something that they are more confident with, especially after their whopping 57-0 win over the Warriors last weekend.

“I could not have written a better game to finish the season on. Winning a game like that gives everyone confidence going into playoffs. This game also gave everyone a chance to get all the kinks out of our game and I think we are a much more complete team because of it,” said the captain.

Ferguson believes that their record of 4-3 is justifiable given the talent that lies within the OUA conference, but they definitely have the ability to be up there in the standings.

“When you look at all the talent that is present in the OUA, a 4-3 record is definitely nothing to be ashamed of. That being said, we believe that as a team, we have the pieces to compete for top of the league,” said Ferguson.

Their underdog status stands, but Ferguson and his team firmly believe that they could be a dark horse team for winning the OUA Championship after they blow by the Badgers this Wednesday.

“By conceding a few early games in the season, we put ourselves behind the 8-ball so to speak. We created a tougher road to the final then we would have liked but I think everyone is confident that we can overcome our underdog title and win an OUA championship.”

The men’s rugby team will prepare to get to the OUA Championships by taking it one step at a time. The first step will be this Wednesday, Oct. 23, against the Brock Badgers on the Back Ten field.