Full speed ahead

Alexandra Reilly

The McMaster Marauders football squad tore up the field in Waterloo, Ont. this past Saturday afternoon against the Laurier Golden Hawks. The Oct. 12 match saw the Marauders once again find success over their opponents, this time to the tune of 28-5.

With expectations continuing to mount weekly, the stakes continue to reach new heights. A playoff spot is not the only thing up for grabs, but also the opportunity to host a home playoff game.

cheapest price for cialis

The Carleton Ravens (0-7), a team returning to OUA football competition after a 15-year absence, is only remaining it is crucial for the team to continue to maintain their confidence in order to set the tone for playoffs.

“Momentum is everything in football so there is no problem getting motivated to play anyone, especially an up-and-coming Carleton program,” said quarterback Marshall Ferguson of the team’s opponents.

Ferguson set a new Marauder single-season record for touchdown passes in a season; tossing two touchdowns to reach a total of 20 this season with one game remaining. The third-year QB is aware of the team’s goals and that an effort is to be made in order to improve.

“We don't have concerns as an offence week-to-week, we have challenges that we need to prepare for on a day-to-day basis so that we can accomplish the goals we all have as a team,” Ferguson added.

“My focus is on improving every day both individually, as a team and an offence.”

Aram Eisho led the defense in tackles with a total of 12 on the day. The Marauders were able to keep the Golden Hawks out of the end zone, including three goal line stands in the fourth quarter.

With the playoffs in sight, the Marauders will once again face some of the top-ranked opponents who defeated them during the regular season.

Proving his leadership capabilities this season, Ferguson is well aware of the challenges these teams will provide.

“We have to get better in some way, every day between now and our eventual playoff opponents,” said the Kingston, Ont. native.

The Marauders now look to face some uphill battles, ones that will be the biggest they have come across this season. With key starters Joey Cupido and Matt Sewell still out of the lineup, the Maroon and Grey face the harsh reality of possibly entering the playoffs without their big guns.

With two down and one to go the Marauders are set to face Carleton on Oct. 19 in Ottawa, Ont. With the last of the do-or-die games approaching, the ninth-ranked Marauders hopes of hosting a playoff game.