#thetimeisnow

Five reasons you should wake up this friday to watch McMaster football

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinFacebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedin
Photos By Kyle West

On Friday morning at 11 a.m., the McMaster Marauders will face the Queen’s University Gaels in an early, early, EARLY Friday Night Lights. And yes, some of you will be in classes and some of you may even be still sleeping, but if you will be doing neither, here are five reasons as to why you should come on down to Ron Joyce Stadium for some good ol’ football.

1. McMaster is currently in fourth place in the Ontario University Athletics rankings, while the Gaels sit in sixth. A sixth-place team knocking off a fourth-place team is not impossible, but it definitely is not likely.
  2. The history. The last time Mac played Queen’s, they beat them in the OUA quarter-finals last year, 12-9. Prior to that, Mac took home a regular season 36-6 win, so the history speaks for itself.
  3. Jordan Lyons is one Marauder who is having himself a phenomenal season. In Mac’s last game against the Wilfrid Laurier University Golden Hawks, he got his fifth career 100-yard rushing game, posting 117 yards and a touchdown on 21 carriers in the team’s win. So, although the quarterback drama may seem a bit up in the air, you know that you can always count on Lyons to put on a show.
  4. They will be coming off of a two-game winning streak. Yes, this may not seem like a lot, but after struggling to find their groove earlier in the season, this is promising. Especially after their big upset win over Laurier, it will be hard for the Gaels to knock them off that feeling.
  5. They are well rested and ready to go. Coming off a much-needed bye week, the Marauders have had the time to recuperate, replan and really work on what needs to be fixed to win Friday’s game. Queen’s just played (and lost) on Sept. 29, so they are at a disadvantage facing our ready-to-go team.

Win or lose, this is a great way to start of your reading week break. So grab a friend and come on out to support your Marauders as they try to make their winning streak last for one more game.

Comments

Share This Post On

Author: Jessica Carmichael

Sharing the same birthday but not the same salary as Houston Rockets' Chris Paul, Jessica spends most of her days not practicing her free throw. In addition to studying communications and media, Jessica dedicates the majority of her time to flag football and watching an endless amount of sports documentaries. Looking for her own Last Chance U pet project, Jessica is committed to covering sports beyond the box score and faceless stats.