Discover Your City: Exam time adventures

lifestyle

Joshua Patel
Discover Your City

December is just around the corner and along with the festivities of the month comes the word that most students dread – exams.

Exams are a stressful time for most students (if not all) as we all work tirelessly to ensure that our semester ends off on the right note. During this busy exam period, it’s important to take a break or get some fresh air to relieve some of that stress.

Hamilton offers many great experiences that are definitely worth checking out and could also provide an alternative study location if you’re looking for a change of environment.

If you’re looking for café’s and restaurants away from campus, downtown Hamilton has plenty to meet your needs. Locke Street full of restaurants, cafes and clothing shops is a great first stop for students, easily accessible through the HSR. The Jet Café and Detour Café (both on King Street) as well as James Street’s Mulberry Street Coffeehouse are just a few more options outside the McMaster University ‘bubble’ that could offer you an alternative study location as well as help you explore the City at the same time.

Weather-permitted, Hamilton also has a number of parks that could add some beautiful scenery to your study experience. Bayfront Park, Pier 4 Park, the Hamilton Harbour Waterfront Trail and Hamilton Beach Recreational Trail are a few scenic options in the City to help you get some fresh air and enjoy the view of the harbour, whether you’re looking to take a break or just study outdoors.

While libraries on campus get busy there are a number of public libraries off-campus that could meet your needs. The Westdale public library and Hamilton’s Central generic viagra cost Library (near Jackson Square) are two options that have great study places and academic resources that you could utilize while exploring the City at the same time.

Hamilton has something to offer for everyone and during the upcoming month, don’t be afraid to get out of your comfort zone and explore the City! Good luck McMaster!