Then vs. Now

Gizelle Panton

andy_americas_nextandy_dash_dolls

If you enjoyed watching America’s Next Top Model during your younger years, you’ll love the new spin-off show of the infamous Keeping Up with the Kardashians series, entitled Dash Dolls. The latter show will be sure to rekindle the pleasure we felt as we watched young aspiring models fight to attain prestige, while simultaneously trying to remain on top of the food chain without compromising their professionalism within the ANTM house.

The reality series premiered on the E! cable network on September. It features a group of young women that work for the Hollywood boutique Dash, owned by the Kardashian sisters. The series focuses on their dramatic lives in the Doll Mansion. From breakups to makeups, catfights to mended friendships and reunited families, every episode is full of more drama than the last and is sure to enchant viewers with the glamorous lifestyles of each Doll.

andy_buffy_vampire_slayerandy_american_horror

If your favourite childhood show was Buffy the Vampire Slayer, you’ll enjoy FX’s original series, American Horror Story, which takes the familiar undertones of dark humour and transforms them into a viscous feel of pure terror.

The new season features a haunting hotel with an obscure history and peculiar tenants with strange habits. A middle-aged police officer is on the search for a killer that has been committing murders, inspired by the Ten Commandments found in the Old Testament. He ends up at the Cortez hotel and is immediately transfixed by its strange and eerie nature. His goal is to find the killer whom he believes to be connected to the hotel, and to find his missing son.

Throw in a couple murders, sex, some unnerving bleach-blonde haired children that never age and Lady Gaga as the hotel’s striking and bloodthirsty concierge, and you have the perfect recipe for a thrilling series that is sure to keep you transfixed.

andy_zoey_101andy_scream_queens

Zoey 101 was the show that made us all want to enroll into a boarding school. Bright dormitories, flat screen TVs in each lounge room, a variety of sports and academic courses, not to mention the coolest mobile phone: the TekMate.

Although Scream Queens does not provide their students with the same snazzy technology as Zoey 101 did, the show is still good if you want to relive the days you once spent envious of the dorm life at Pacific Coast Academy — the only difference being that a serial killer is on the loose at the Scream Queens school, Wallace University.

The series begins with a flashback to an old murder that took place in the 1990s, introducing viewers to the Kappa Kappa Tau house and its dark history. Cut to the present, where a group of catty sorority snobs portrayed by Emma Roberts, Ariana Grande, Abigail Breslin and Billie Catherine Lourd is forced by their Dean to accept anyone who wants to join the sorority. The series then takes a dark turn with the birth of a Red Devil serial killer who begins to target the sorority members and their friends.