D'Angela, Doucet, Graham will be MSU vice-presidents

Sam Colbert
April 8, 2013
Est. Reading Time: 1 minute

Left to right: Jeffrey Doucet, Anna D'Angela and Spencer Graham.

In a meeting that lasted more than 10 hours on Sunday, the SRA selected Anna D'Angela to be the McMaster Students Union's Vice-President (Administration), Jeffrey Doucet to be Vice-President (Finance) and Spencer Graham to be Vice-President (Education) in 2013-14.

D'Angela defeated Justin Korolyk and James Dowdall. Doucet won over Marc Lamoureux. Graham beat Lisa Bifano.

The three students will join President-Elect David Campbell on the MSU's Board of Directors starting on May 1. All four will be serving on full-time, one-year contracts.

Winners were chosen by the newly elected SRA, which was in its first meeting, following presentations, question rounds and closing statements. No parts of the meeting were held in closed session. Recesses were held after votes were tallied and winners were announced.

Also at the meeting, Maria Daniel was chosen to be next year's MSU Speaker. Matt Ing and Lindsey Huff were ratified as Chief Returning Officer and Deputy Returning Officer, respectively, for the MSU's elections department. Committee seats were opened, and the SRA decided to re-strike ad-hoc committees on democratic reform and the women and trans* centre creation.

The Assembly will meet again on Sunday, April 14 to pass the MSU's 2013-14 capital and operating budgets.

RELATED: Watch the live video feed from MSU vice-president elections